Armenian jokes are very funny and so are Armenian people who are quite good at humor and joking. They are, actually, easy going and friendly people and their humor is easy and accessible to everyone. Yet, be careful not to become a subject of the Armenian jokes!
Armenian jokes are part of each Armenian’s everyday life. It is proved that laughter prolongs life.
Indeed this claim is well expressed and illustrated by Armenia which, being such a small country, couldn’t have survived through thousands of years of its difficult history without humor and cheerfulness.
Here provided the list of best and funny Armenian jokes in English!
What is Special about Armenian Jokes and Humor?
Armenian humor carries implication but it is easily understood and very funny. Just like the other nations, Armenians joke about their common life, the issues and various people, surrounding them.
For instance, many Armenian jokes revive around stereotypes of people from different regions and places of Armenia: in Lori, people are too naive, people from Aparan are known for stupid behavior and for the inhabitants of Gavar, vodka is the source of life!
Regional Armenian Jokes
The city, standing out with its humorous people the most, is Gyumri, ingenious population of which makes fun of everything, including them. One of the favorite characters in Gyumri is Vardanik, a naughty boy, and his teacher, Ms. Margo.
Alike Vardanik and Margo, the subjects of most of Armenian jokes are composite characters, based on specific traits in the given region or among a certain type of people.
Although this can surely be just a prejudice that is not necessarily true, jokes keep on spreading all over the country, highlighting the specific features of its regional humor.
Armenian Jokes of Different Regions in English
For better understanding of genial but witty Armenian humor, some examples of the ”regional” jokes are provided below! Do not worry if you don’t get some of them. Understanding and finding jokes funny requires understanding of culture as well.
Armenian Humor of Lori Region
Best Armenian Jokes in English #1
- -Do you know where is Hakob’s house?
- -Yep, next to my house.
- -Then where is your house?
- -Ha-ha, you are so funny, obviously next to Hakob’s house.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #2
- Grandson to grandma:
- -You know grandma, when you turn 100 years old, we are going to have a great celebration of your birthday.
- – Oh my dear, will you live that long?
Best Armenian Jokes in English #3
- The doctor to the patient:
- – You are such an educated person, why did you go to the witch-doctor? And what was the stupid thing he advised you to do?
- – Well, he said to come to you.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #4
- – Hey Misak grandpa, your daughter-in-law was taken to the maternity hospital.
- – Oh really? Why? What happened?
- – I have no idea.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #5
- A man from Lori writes a report to his boss: ” I would kindly appreciate if you gave me 2 days off to visit my wife in Spitak but, probably, I will catch a cold there and stay for a couple of days more. Please don’t refuse my request”.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #6
- – Dad, how much should I grow up to go out without asking mom?
- – Oh son… Even I haven’t grown up that much…
Best Armenian Jokes in English #7
- – Hey! Do you know what happened? I have discovered a new type of predatory bird, called Delta plane. I saw it snatch a man off the cliff and I had to shoot 6 times until it finally released the poor guy!
Armenian Humor of Gavar
Best Armenian Jokes in English #8
- – I have heard they increased the price of vodka.
- – Naah, that’s impossible.
- – Why do you think so?
- – It’s priceless!
Best Armenian Jokes in English #9
- – Vodka is bad for your health: if a goat drinks just 50 ml, it may die and a tiger may die after 100 ml of vodka.
- – I have always said that vodka is not for animals, humans should drink it! – exclaimed Guidon.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #10
- – When do you feel that you are drunk?
- – What?! Never ask that kind of questions to someone from Gavar!
Armenian Humor of Gyumri
Best Armenian Jokes in English #11
- The hardly breathing wife to her husband:
- – Alec, I can feel I’m dying… If one day you get married again, don’t let that woman wear my clothes.
- – Don’t worry my darling, your clothes are too small for her.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #12
- Mher Mkrtchyan, one of the famous Armenian actors, on the phone with a friend:
- – It’s so hard, I’m working 25 hours per day.
- – There are only 24 hours in a day.
- – But I wake up 1 hour earlier…
Best Armenian Jokes in English #13
- Ms. Margo asks Vardanik a question:
- – You have 6 apples and you give the half to your brother, how many apples will be left?
- – That’s obvious, 5 and 0.5 apples, ma’am.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #14
- – Dad, why are you crying?
- – Your mother’s coat fell down from the window.
- – Oh please, it’s not that sad.
- – It’s is. Your mom was inside the coat.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #15
- A man from Gyumri told a man from Yerevan:
- – If you see the beauty of graveyards in Gyumri, you are going to die!
Best Armenian Jokes in English #16
- In barbershop, a customer asks the hairdresser a question:
- – Do you know why people have cancer?
- – Of course, because they shave at home and not here.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #17
- -You are useless! I have sacrificed all my youth for you and only you… what should I do with you now?
- -Come on woman, stop talking to your diploma!
Armenian Humor of Aparan
Best Armenian Jokes in English #18
- Aparantsi (a person from Aparan city) goes to the National Assembly:
- – I want to be a deputy.
- (Everybody stared at him.)
- – Are you an idiot?
- – Why? Is it a mandatory point?
Best Armenian Jokes in English #19
- During the exam at the Agricultural University:
- Tell me please, is it possible to do an abortion to a cow?
- The student from Aparan looked at him:
- – Oh man, I bet you have big troubles…
Best Armenian Jokes in English #20
- Aparantsi (a person from Aparan) caught a strange fish. He looked at the fish and suddenly it started talking:
- – I’m a magical fish and I can fulfill 3 of your wishes.
- （Aparantsi smashed the fish angrily and killed it.）
- – That’s right! I will not let you fool me!
Best Armenian Jokes in English #21
- Jesus Christ decides to check if humans recognize him. He goes to Aparan and asks the first guy he meets:
- – Do you know who I am?
- – You are Vardan’s grandfather.
- – No.
- – So maybe Vardan’s father?
- – No.
- – Then one of Vardan’s relatives.
- – No, but why Vardan’s?!
- – Well, I’m sure I have seen your portrait at Vardan’s house.
Best Armenian Jokes in English #22
- Mother visits her daughter and the son-in-law. The latter opens the door:
- – Hello! Haven’t seen you for a while! How long are you going to stay?
- – Until you get fed up with me.
- – Oh, so you won’t even have time to drink a cup of coffee?
Best Armenian Jokes in English #23
- The wife:
- -Yesterday, during the party, the hosts asked me to sing, so I couldn’t refuse them.
- – Good job! I never liked them! – said the husband.
Other Related Posts of Armenian Jokes in English: Best & Funny Armenian Humor Selected!
- Armenian Quotes and Proverbs: Funny Quotes in Armenian!
- Armenian Diaspora in the World: USA, Canada, France, Australia & Russia
- Armenian Phrases | How to say Thank You in Armenian, Love Words & Greetings?