Kyanq u Kriv (The Line) is one of the newest and best films of Armenian cinematography. The film has become loved and widely known very soon.
“Kyanq u Kriv” is an absolutely brilliant movie where you can find almost everything: love, friendship, emotions and feelings.
The film is the one you should pay special attention to. “The Line” consists of two parts. The first part is already available online.
By the way, you can enjoy the first part online in Armenian, English and Russian subtitles.
Kyanq u Kriv (The Line) Armenian Film You Shouldn’t Miss
“Kyanq u Kriv” is one of the latest Armenian movies directed by Mher Mkrtchyan. “Kyanq u Kriv” is a perfect movie to get well known with the newest history in Armenia with more details.
Moreover, the film will not only state the facts concerning the period, it will describe you in more detailed way the present-day situation. In other words, it will give you the full image of Armenia in 1990s and how it has changed today.
The main events of the film take place in 1990; an extremely important and vulnerable period for all Armenians.
This was the period of Nagorno Karabakh war and the generation who grow up during this period became those who were to fight and change their future.
This is a story about 4 guys who became close friends from their early school years. They are too dedicated to each other. However, two of them are in love with one of their friend’s, Armen’s sister (Anna).
Each of them is different, both in their fates and professions, though they all have something in common: the war. Though the war forced them to say goodbye to each other and continue their own paths, they all were more willing to be together, as happy as once.
The tender feelings towards Anna from one side and devotion to friendship from the other side, made the friends come to a secret agreement between two of them, Tigran and Levon: each of the friend gives the other 3 months for attracting Anna and making her love him.
During these three months, the other friend must not interrupt or try to reach Anna’s heart. The agreement started from Levon. However, true love never bears such experiments. The plot of the movie goes in a totally unique and unpredictable way.
It is one of the best Armenian movies. “The Line” is totally out of those mainstream films which you can meet on every step. Heartbreaking scenes flavored with delicate humor and nice music makes this movie so much loved and known.
What’s also great about “Kyanq u Kriv” is that the film is too realistic! There are no heroes in the film like in fairy tales. The story is about ordinary people who are filled with the same feelings and emotions like each of us.
This makes “The Line” closer to people’s hearts. All of us may recognize ourselves in one of the characters and start thinking what we would do in this or that situation.
Let’s Check Some Interesting Facts about “Kyanq u Kriv”
- The whole movie was shot with real military equipment, which is not an easy task. All this was done for creating special effect of war and giving the special message to the audience. It was especially important to create the exact atmosphere of 1990-s Nagorno-Karabakh war period, in which they had a complete success.
- The cast of the movie is delicately chosen. In the film “Kyanq u Kriv” you’ll meet young actors who are just starting their professional career. The director of the film stated that it was important for him to see young and talented people in his movie. There are even non-professional actors, such as a hip hop star HT Hayko, who plays one of the main roles. Though being a non-professional actor, he perfectly coped with his role, moreover, he made his character one of the outstanding ones.
- Tigran, the main character’s case was especially unique. Just after finishing the shootings of the movie, Samvel (the actor of Tigran’s role) left for military service. During the premiere of the movie, Samvel’s arrival to the theater raised a great enthusiasm, as he arrived there in a military form. Now he is a real soldier!
Interesting Facts about the Sequel “Kyanq u Kriv, 2, 25 Year Later”
- The movie is actual for our days. Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is one of the top questions in Armenia. The situation was the same both in 1990-s and our days. The only difference is that nowadays there is a “de jure” ceasefire between two sides, Armenia and Azerbaijan. However, the agreement is not always properly kept. The perfect demonstration of which was the 4-day war of April in 2016.
- The war which lasted 4 days, appeared to be during the shooting process of the movie. This tensed situation made the shooting process even more difficult, though realistic. Later, the actors shared with their emotions, saying that they felt the war on their skins and this made them realize the feelings of their characters better.
- The fact that shooting of the first part of the movie happened to be during April war, made the whole crew think that 90s is history, but the war goes on even today. The director of the movie, Mher Mkrtchyan felt that the story is left unfinished and there is a room for the sequel. There is quite much to tell the people what happened to each of the characters of the movie later.
Haven’t Watched Kyanq u Kriv 2, 25 Years Later? Then Hurry up!
The sequel of the movie didn’t let him wait for a long time. It has become as much loved and awaited as the first part.
The image, however, is different in this case. In the 2nd part of the “The Line” we see so much loved characters already 25 years later. Each of them has built their own live: some of them have their own families and children.
It was a strong demand to create the continuation of the movie, because the story was unfinished. Not only “The Line” movie was unfinished, but also the actual line where soldiers are protecting the borders of their country endangering their lives every day.
The 2nd part of “the Line ” is exactly about today’s generation, about those soldiers who faced the latest April war and coped with it with a great honor.
This movie is a great example of patriotism and love towards country. No matter how many years would pass, you cannot escape from your motherland, your destiny will always bring you there.
The same thing happened with the characters of the film. Their children are born during the years of independent Armenia, now it’s already their turn to have their input in the future of their country, so they leave for military service.
This appears to be in the most heated period of conflicts in the borders, so somehow the story is being repeated. In other words, this movie will give you rollercoaster of emotions. You cannot find the second part of the movie online yet, as it’s in the theaters.
Meanwhile, you can enjoy the first part online! If you happen to be in Armenia now, hurry up, buy tickets and don’t forget to take napkins with you.
Public Reaction, Rating and Feedback Couldn’t Be Any Better
How the movie was accepted by Armenian audience was extremely rare. Yes, Armenians like criticizing very much, but not in this case.
It might be surprising, but movie had exclusively great success and positive feedback. Indeed, you can hardly find anyone who is not impressed with the movie.
Though the movie appeared to be shot during the 4-day lasting war on April the and 2nd part also includes the topic of this short-lasting war as well, director Mher Mkrtchyan stated that the plot of “Kyanq u Kriv 2” is not about that war.
The main topic is about the heroes of our times, who can sacrifice everything for their country. The message includes huge love towards motherland.
The movie also gives the answer what happened to so much loved characters from the first movie. In both 1st and 2nd parts of the movie you’ll see new and talented actors and actresses. This fact also raised a huge public interest towards the movie and the talented people, who the audience did not know before.
Music of the movie is one of the keys to the success. The song is written by Artur Grigoryan, performed by Artur Grigoryan and Razmik Amyan. So, watch this movie and be ready for heartbreaking scenes and incomparable emotions.
Other Related Posts Of Kyanq U Kriv | The Booming Film THE LINE About Artsakh War! Enjoy The Movie Online Now
- 12 Selected Armenian Movies & Films of New & Old | Check and Find some of them Online!
- Armen Dzhigarkhanyan (Armen Jigarkhanyan), An Armenian Russian Found in Movies
- Cinema Star Armenia / Dalma Cinema: A Huge Cinema in Yerevan